Friday 17 December 2010

Happy Holidays :)

I have not written in a while! I have been busy dealing with my knee, coaching my kids team, and finishing up my 1st Spanish class. So far I am still not playing. Still going to physical therapy every day though, which has been helping a lot. We won our game last weekend by about 60 points, and I also won my game with my kids. This past Sunday I went to Gijon with some of my teammates to have a late lunch and walk around for a bit. It was so nice out that we ate outside! The city is looking beautiful for Christmas time. I haven't had my camera on me at night time lately, but recently they put up Christmas lights throughout the whole city. All the trees are lit with blue lights, and on the big streets there are angels, stars, and music notes hanging over the road. It is beautiful! I still can't get over how much work is put into keeping the city looking attractive and clean, they must spend a fortune! They also set up a Christmas market on Uria, which has a lot of nice handmade things. I went to the post office today to mail some Christmas cards, and man was it hectic! You had to take a number and wait, I had to wait for 30 numbers, but it actually went pretty fast. I can't believe that we are already more than half way through December! Time is flying. I am looking forward to the New Year, and being completely healthy! I have a game this afternoon with my kids team, and then we have a game tomorrow against the University of Cantabria which is in Santander. Tomorrow is our last game before the break, and tonight is our last practice! I leave Monday morning for Mexico :)

No comments:

Post a Comment