Monday 20 December 2010

Adios Spain!

Just wanted to write a quick entry before I head leave Spain! Right now I am in the Madrid airport waiting for my flight to New York which doesn't leave for another 4 hours. I saw a VIP room with comforatble couches upstairs so I decided to try to go in. No one said anything to me at the door, so I proceeded to make myself comforatbale :) I have a 5 hour lay over in New York and I am gonig to be able to grab dinner with my teammate from college which I am excited about! I am sure that it is going to be extremely odd for me to hear English surrounding me, and even be able to read the menus! We won our last game before the break by about 18 points in Santander. We are 10-0 going into the holidays! We play the 2nd and 3rd place teams in our league our first two games back from Christmas. I had a game on Saturday with my kids and we lost in overtime! We were up by 3 with three seconds left, and one of the little girls hit a half court shot to send it into a 5 mintue overtime period where we ended up losing. Saturday after our game, our whole team got together for a big meal and then we went out in the city for a while. I tried some new dish at the restaurant which was the equivilant of pigs blood cooked with different spices. Pretty disgusting, but I tried it!

No comments:

Post a Comment