Tuesday 5 April 2011

Play Xago & News!

Mujeres y Deportes 2011
Carol and I at Playa Xago
Tortillas, lomo, ensalada, pastel de vedura, patatas :)
Last time I blogged I said I couldn´t wait to go to the beach! Well, last Friday I went to the beach :) Piki, Carol, and I went to Playa Xago for the day which is near Aviles on the Northern coast. The professor for my class actually said today that we are so lucky for this weather and this time of the year. Usually it is pretty rainy and cold! It was a beautiful day, and we had almost the whole beach to ourselves! This weekend we won again, this time by about 60 points. We played against a team in Palencia about 3 hours away. Our whole team was back playing fairly healthy (minus me) but Tina rolled her ankle during the game. It was a good thing she had her ankles taped, because it was VERY swollen as it was...We had a team meal on Sunday, and watched the Nadal vs. Djokovic tennis match that took place in Miami. The Serbian Djokovic ended up winning in the tiebreaker, but they both played really well! This whole week is sunny and in the high 70s so I am a happy girl :) We only have like three regular season games left and then the Universities and the the Final Four at the end of May. I am adding resistance on the elliptical and doing that for longer amounts while continuing with the pool and bike! You can get some great workouts in the pool, I have been doing sprints in there and obvioulsy I am out of cardio shape, but still! Today my girls team had an apperance to do on the Oviedo Television sports program and I was not planning on going. The coordinator called me about 15 mintues before and told me he would like me to go. I was at physical therapy so I ran(figuratively) and tried to look half decent then met my girls at the station. Two of my girls answered questions and the rest of us just stood there, it was fun. I will post the video when it gets uploaded to You Tube. The first picture above is of all the women who spoke at the Mujeres y Deportes round table discussion a few weeks ago. I´m really not that tall, everyone was just really short!! I had sent back my computer with Meredith when she left at the end of Feburary to get it fixed at Merrimack, and she mailed it back to me a few weeks ago. On Friday I recieved a notice saying that my computer was in Madrid in customs! Still not sure how and if I will recieve it here in Oviedo. I had 10 days to show them the reciept for my computer, but I didn´t buy it recently....Anyways I faxed some paperwork today, and the coordinator for our club helped me so I hope I will recieve it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment