Thursday 13 January 2011

Back in Oviedo

After a few long days of traveling I am finally back "home." Just getting back into the routine of practice, coaching my kids team and practice. As a matter of fact, I just got done with coaching the kids and one of them informed me that we were on You Tube. The first guy, who we call Ferdi, is one of the organizers for the Oviedo Club Baloncesto organization. He is talking about the different teams and levels under this Club, and about different coaches. Here is the link:

I had a great time in Mexico with my family and I am missing the warm weather! Although I really cannot complain because it is in the 50's here with no snow! We play the Salamanca, the 2nd place team, on Saturday. They are 8-1. So far we are undefeated at 10-0. I doubt I will be playing because I am waiting to hear about when my arthroscopic surgery will be to repair my meniscus. Definitely has been a frustrating process, but I am learning a lot from it...I finally found a coffee shop today that makes different types of coffees other than cafe con leche! They have lattes, mochas, and things with chocolate:) I will be going there often now! On January 2nd the passed a new law for all of Spain where you cannot smoke indoors. It has been very odd going into restaurants and bars when there is no smoke! I went to a bar the other night that I go to often and I talked to the owner about the change. He says it keeps the place a lot cleaner, but that business has dropped tremendously. I am looking forward to next month because I will have 4 of my girlfriends visiting me including my sister! I am off to dinner, but I am going to get back into updating this for whoever reads it!

1 comment: