Wednesday 1 December 2010

8-0, and Madrid gets KILLED!

Well, our team pulled off the win in Vallolidad where we won 61-34 against CD Valladolid Zaratan. In my opinion this was the nicest gym we have played in yet, but unfortunately I didn't get any pictures. It had a wood floor, which here is rare. Almost all the courts we have played on have been on a rubber surface because the gyms are used for both handball and basketball. Handball is a big sport here in Spain, I had never really seen it played until I got here. They use a sticky sap like gel on their hands, which is why they play on a rubber court instead of wood. We had yesterday off and today off as well. Yesterday was a huge day for Spain because it was the first meeting of Real Madrid and FC Barcelona. My whole team got together to watch it and bet 1 Euro on what we thought the score was going to be. I guessed 3-1 Madrid. Well, Madrid lost 5-0!!!!! Going into the game they were ranked ahead of Barcelona so it was really just a disgrace! They game was played in Barcelona, and every single bar and restaurant that had a TV was packed to see this game! My German teammate made the comment that all of Europe was watching this game. Only four of my teammates were going for Madrid, and the rest for Barcelona. Two of the arguable best soccer players play on each of these teams. Cristiano Ronaldo, and Leo Messi. Ronaldo is from Portugal and Messi is from Argentina. I talked with my little girls from my team before the game, and they are all in love with Ronaldo. One was giggling how she had a picture of Ronaldo with his shirt off! Hahaha! Just like my sister, who thinks he is gorgeous. Here are a couple pictures of them and if you don't know which is which, then guess lol. 

1 comment:

  1. Don't bet Madrid again. It's just wasting money. Bet for the best team: VISCA EL BARÇA ;)

    ReplyDelete