Wednesday 24 November 2010

Some Pics of the City

I realized yesterday that I have not taken too many pictures of the city so I walked to class and snapped some photos along the way. This is on my way to class, and is an area is where a lot of the shopping is, and as you can see there is a big statue of a culo in the middle :) If you click on any of these pictures it will allow you to see them bigger.

This is a statue called "La Gorda" which means the fat lady basically. A lot of times this is used a meeting place with people. For example we will meet at La Gorda at 10 tonight! It is close to the Cathedral and the center of town.

This picture is taken also on my walk to class, as you can see there are a lot of little mopeds or motorcycles or whatever you want to call them. Also the city plants trees and plants like these along every single road! They maintain them well so it always looks pretty. I have seen the city workers hand painting the gold on the flower pots like the one on the right side of the picture, and there are hundreds of those around the city!
 Walking to class takes me about 20 minutes, along the way I pass this Theater. I am not sure what goes on here, but I would like to find out!

This right at the beginning of Uria, which is the street with all the shopping. The weather has been pretty overcast here, and I guess it is suppose to snow in the next couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment