Sunday 21 November 2010

Still Undefeated :) 7-0!


Rainy Sunday here for our day off! Yesterday we won 81-24 vs. a team from Lugo. Tina Cabrera, Marta Fernandez, and I all did not play due to injuries. This was our first "home" game that we did not play at home due to it being under construction. Instead we played in San Claudio which is a small town right outside of Oviedo. Pato, the oldest on our team, had 5 three pointers in the game, I think all in the second half! We always give each other a hard time about who is the shooter on the team, so after this, I said she forever has the title as the shooter! The crowd and the whole team was loving it! After each game here, for all teams, the norm is to applaud the fans, something that I don't think is done in the United States. The video above is just a quick one showing that, after our game last night. On another note, I got my first win as a head coach on Saturday morning! My kids team won by 13! The game was actually played outside, on pavement! It has been getting pretty cold out here so I was surprised when I realized we were play going to outside. The past week, the gym that we were practicing in was freezing! The receptionist at the desk gave the injured ones a little heater that we were huddled up next to for our practice! As you can see, that is what I am holding. Based on one of the doctors I have been seeing, and my physical therapist, I was not allowed to do anything this week. No elliptical, no jog, no shoot, no practice! So I have not done anything since the game last Saturday in Leon. My knee is still a little swollen, but I have been icing daily and going to physical therapy for about 2 hours a day. It will get better soon! Next Wednesday I should start doing the elliptical again I believe. Today I am relaxing and resting all day, and the later tonight, going with some of my team to see Feve Oviedo play which is the men's team here. Our assistant coach is actually the assistant coach of this team as well. Usually we both play on Saturdays so he doesn't come to a lot of our games, but this weekend it worked out so he could come to our game, and we can go to theirs!

No comments:

Post a Comment