Tuesday 9 November 2010

Rainy Days

It has been pouring here since the last time I blogged, and I mean POURING! I bought a black and white polka dot umbrella the other day from an Ikea store, and so far it has only turned inside out once! Haha, it gets pretty windy here too. I live on the highest floor, and it gets loud at night with all the rain and wind! As I mentioned before, a bunch of us got together for our teammates 35th birthday on Sunday afternoon. She had no idea that we were all going to be there so she was successfully surprised. We all went out to eat and for drinks in a town called Palo(I think that is what it was called) which was about 20 minutes outside of Oviedo. While walking around we came across a nice Ferrari:) I would like to drive one of these someday!

A few of my teammates found out about this blog and read some of it. One of them, Lara was mad that she was not mentioned in it! Well, it is true that I should have mentioned her, and actually I thought I already had! Lara speaks the most English on the team and she has really been helping me learn Spanish, and I have been trying to help her learn English as well. She is studying to be a teacher, and it is a lot easier to get a job(and they get paid more) if they can speak both. 
The other day I ran out of contact solution and I had been looking for some in pharmacies and grocery stores but I could never find any! Finally, at an eye glass shop I came across a 1,000 ml bottle of sterile solution that I have been using since then! On another note, the kids were really hyper at practice today. Sara, the one who like to speak English with me after practice, is too funny! I usually let them play knockout after every practice, or here it is called "cow." When they are eliminated I make them to sit ups or push ups and then they have to gather all the cones and balls and put them away. Most kids want to win the game, but she LOVES to collect the cones or do the sit ups. Whenever I say we are going to play cow, she is like "Ok, what do we do when we are eliminated?" It is cute. Anyways today was our day off. I have physical therapy every day for about two hours trying to heal my knee. This weekend we play a good team in Leon so hopefully I will be able to play some in that game!

1 comment:

  1. Nice update, keep it up. Gracias to Lara for helping you!

    ReplyDelete