Thursday 27 January 2011

Crutchin is a Habit!!!!!

Yesterday marked one week since my surgery! I am starting to get used to the crutches, which is good because the first few days, my hands were incredibly sore! The weather has been great here, sunny and still no snow! Definitely the mildest winter that I have had between living in Alaska and Boston for the past 21 years of my life! I have been going to Physical Therapy to help keep my quadricep strong. Today I went and bought a dictionary to help Spanish people learn English. I figure that I need to be productive since I have a LOT of free time now days. Thought it might be interesting to get a dictionary to learn it "backwards." I was talking to my physical therapist about the different between South American-Spanish and Spain-Spanish as well as the difference between North American-English and Old English like from England. She is from Argentina and was explaining how is it easier for her to understand North American-English than Old English, yet for Spainards, it is way easier for them to understand Old English. I have heard from my teammates many times that I am hard to understand, but that might just be because I talk too fast :) There are certain letters like the G, J, and Z, that are pronounced differently in South America. I, too, think that it is easier to understand South American Spanish or Mexican-Spanish. My team won our game this past Sunday 69-57 in Aviles. The picture above is during a timeout at this game. It was one of our closer games so it was a big win for us. We are now 12-0 and have one more team to play in the first round of games, which means we are almost halfway through the season! Crazy how time is flying here! Hope all is well with everyone who sees this!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment