Saturday 9 October 2010

1st Injury!

Unfortunately I had my first MINOR injury here in Spain. On Wednesday nights practice I went up for a lay up and came down on someone else's foot, rolling my left ankle. The next day I already had an appointment to go to the team physical therapist for a lower back massage, so she checked out my ankle as well. She gave me some ultrasound and gave me some excesises to do with my ankle. The coach would not let me practice on Thursday or Friday and we have our first home game here tonight. I am hoping that I will be allowed to play a little bit, it doesn't hurt to run or walk or anything. I have spent the last two days laying on my floor with my foot up on a chair, icing every hour! The swelling has gone down, but there is more bruising so it looks worse...It is frustrating for me because, at Merrimack, I was used to being looked at by an athletic trainer or doctor each day, and that medical professional making the decision on on how much activity I should do for that practice. Here, the coach just looks at my ankle before practice and says si or no! Pretty odd to me, but I have to deal with it. It could always be worse though, the coach could be telling me that I am fine and encouraging me to practice hard on a hurt ankle!

2 comments:

  1. This is great Casey, makes me want to travel.
    Estoy estudiando espanol porque en novembiembre nostros voy a ir a los galapagos. Como estas tu espanol? Estas estudiando? Oviedo parace hermosa, and gracias por el mapa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An accurate description. Congrats. (This is after talking to her several times via Skype.) Take care of yourself, whatever it takes! And congrats also on the correct spelling of "frustration"!

    ReplyDelete